Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you love being in the middle of it all? Are you as excited to tackle technical problems as you are to build critical client relationships?
As an Enterprise Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for the technical success of our largest merchants post-sale. You will advise their developers, product teams, and key business partners throughout the entire customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for implementing our products into merchants’ existing architecture and you will continue to work with them as they scale. You will help them not only to avoid pitfalls, but to take advantage of more of Affirm’s offerings; solving business objectives with technical strategies and product optimizations. Technical Account Managers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Customer Success and Merchant Help teams.What You'll Do
- You will be the primary technical lead over a set of enterprise merchants within a vertical or like category; you will be responsible for building the trust of your technical counterparts while also fostering long term relationships with all merchant partners
- Project Manage and provide world class technical guidance and solutions for new merchants’ integrations and post launch expansion initiatives; utilize and build on implementation guides, best practice playbooks, and UAT certification plans
- Work closely with Commercial team counterpart(s) on establishing overall account strategy based on business goals and opportunities
- Consistently demonstrate your technical expertise and knowledge of Affirm’s product suite to increase scope and product adoption from initial launch through scale
- Identify product gaps and/or optimizations to our existing solutions; conduct initial requirements gathering with merchants and provide timely feedback to our product and engineering teams
- Quickly resolve critical technical issues for your accounts; quarterback multi-departmental efforts to resolve complicated issues in a timely manner
- 7+ years experience as a TAM, Solutions Engineer, or other customer facing technical role where you owned key developer relationships
- Comfort reading code in at least two programming languages
- Confident when discussing technical web development concepts
- Engineering managers respect your opinion after talking with you about different technical approaches
- A “think outside the box” approach to complex, bespoke integrations and technical problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with a deep command of the written word (please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them!)
- Successful track record in retaining and growing enterprise accounts
- Strong project management skills, capable of influencing internal and external partners to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of pushing yourself academically
- Degree in a technical major (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.) or bootcamp grad
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem
- Familiarity with web/mobile application architecture
- Comfortable writing code in at least one language
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.