Enterprise Technical Architect at Walgreens
Come and join Walgreens Enterprise Architecture team. Responsible for establishing the vision, strategy, and future-state technical architecture for the company. Focus on one or multiple cutting edge technologies, such as, Cloud, AI/ML, DevSecOps, Event/API/MQ, Container Orchestration, MicroServices, Mobile etc. Work closely with Sr. leadership evaluating and recommending new and modern technologies. Contribute to technical governance processes, policies and standards. Creates and implements a high level roadmap to guide and shape the delivery of new technology assets and migration of existing assets towards the future state of enterprise technical architecture. Collaborates across business unit Information management to identify opportunities to leverage common solutions and extend the adoption of standards. Facilitates the sharing of technical architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of a technical architecture community of practice.
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role
- Knowledge and hands-on experiences in one or multiple technologies, such as, Cloud, DataAnalytics, devOps, RunOps, Monitoring, MicroServices, Security, Mobile, Network, Integration
- Passion and aptitude to learn new technologies
- Innovative mindset. Driving cutting edge technology adoption
- Great communication and collaboration skills