Google Cloud Solutions Architect at Kin + Carta (Chicago, IL or Remote)
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is hiring a Google Cloud Solutions Architect to join our growing team. The ideal Solutions Architect at Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about technology, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile or XP development environment, or in a consulting capacity, is a plus. If you have a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind - read on!
- Create high-impact software experiences and drive digital product innovation
- Apply your technical vision and experience with software design patterns to create elegant, scalable, and resilient solution architectures
- Implement controls to ensure your solution will stand tall against real-world conditions
- Obsess over platform security and stability, and designing monitoring to enable your DevOps team to quickly pinpoint and respond to outages and slowdowns
- Improve your customer’s speed-to-market by implementing CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and containerized deployments
- Navigate complex data footprints, introducing modern data management and integration technologies to improve information velocity and data quality
- Stay ahead of user needs by evaluating usage metrics and solution telemetry
- Get hands-on to solve the hardest problems or evaluate new frameworks
- Operate within our FleXP delivery methodology, which combines the best of Agile Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) to enable you to do your best work
- Be the technical voice for your team, advocating technical direction, and encouraging innovation among your client stakeholders
- Be a servant leader, mentoring engineers, and setting the bar of quality
- Contribute to the evolution of our architecture practice, applying and contributing to development standards and best practices
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of experience in front end web technologies
- 2+ years of experience in Angular Development
- Demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- Proven a clear understanding and practice of computing science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithm analysis, and data structures
- Demonstrated ability to drive all technical activities across a project, including validation of core technologies, creation of technical roadmaps architecture diagrams, and solution briefs
- Demonstrated ability to methodically break down a complex solution into consumable technical stories
- Prior experience leading small and medium-sized development teams (6-8 engineers)
- Prior experience leading the design and development of multiple enterprise-grade platforms or products from concept through to production
- Experienced across multiple enterprise-grade technical stacks, and able to evaluate and select the right tech for the job
- Comfortable being the leader, but still enjoys committing code and getting ‘in the weeds’
- Prior knowledge of Kubernetes, or Elastic Search are a bonus
- Prior experience in a technical consulting or product innovation environment is ideal
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about working with product and experience experts
- A seasoned technologist at the core, curious and excited about the impact of leveraging technology at scale
- A lifelong learner with a knack for picking up new technologies quickly; able to apply core concepts across different technologies and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.