GTM & Sales Effectiveness Director at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a leader, you will help define and build the new Revenue Growth function within West Monroe’s Chief Revenue Office. This function is designed to fuel the firm’s organic growth by further enabling our sales & line capacity through increased sales effectiveness and commercial offering delivery support. The team will focus on further aligning and connecting our revenue-related functions, processes, technology, and insights, establishing an end-to-end revenue process.
In this role, you will be responsible for enabling West Monroe’s sales process & methodology, ownership of related training & technology, and definition of key KPI’s to continue to increase overall sales effectiveness. In addition, this role and supporting team, will help lead our account management process in partnership with our line directors and business development executives, further scale and enable our business development executives through our industry teams, and oversee our partnership’s function. This role will also work in collaboration with our Delivery Success function, which enables operationalization of our repeatable offerings, and both leaders will help shape and define West Monroe’s Revenue Operations function. Coordination across these areas will be core to West Monroe’s ability to drive consistent organic growth and more predictable revenue.
Revenue Growth is being established at the end of 2021 into 2022, thus the ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and high level of comfort with ambiguity. This leader is a player-coach, which means they should anticipate rolling up their sleeves to develop strategies, and likewise lead, mentor, and build a team of resources to execute. Change management skills are a must, as well as a desire to influence the direction of the firm in partnership with our sales and line operators. 15-20+ years of experience in digital consulting, sales effectiveness, sales operations & management, pricing, business development, as well as client delivery and management are key. This GTM & Sales Effectiveness Director will have the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and our Client Delivery Success Partner.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Define the key capabilities, priorities, and investments needed to accelerate organic revenue growth
- Design a sales process and methodology aligned to West Monroe’s positioning in the market, increasing our effectiveness and efficiency, while leveraging our repeatable offerings from our Commercial Growth team
- Enable sales & delivery effectiveness of 3 – 5 repeatable frameworks that will developed by our Commercial Growth team
- Partner with business development executives and consulting line operators to ensure our sales and pursuits teams have the relevant sales skills, training, and resources available to demonstrate West Monroe’s value proposition during the sales process.
- Socialize and create buy in for KPIs that increase our sales effectiveness, track progress against our revenue generation process, and incentivize behaviors to enable organic growth
- Build executive level relationships with key line operators to enhance adoption of sales process, methodology, and incentivized behaviors
- Partner with the Chief Operating Officer & Delivery Success Partner to establish an approach for operationalizing offerings and ensuring how we sell and deliver them is increasing our sale and delivery capacity
- Create personal goals related to the success of the Revenue Growth function based on priorities for 2022
- Understand the drivers of financial success for organic revenue growth and consistently lead the team to consistently improve those drivers (i.e. sales effectiveness, pricing & profitability, client & project metrics, etc.)
- Develop next generation of leaders via active coaching/mentoring/development plans for senior leaders within Revenue Growth team, mobilizing a team that partners with sales and consulting operators to increase sales effectiveness
- Serve as leader within the firm, representing Revenue Growth in cross-functional pursuits, and present to executive leadership/board as needed
- Proactively identify skills/capabilities required to deliver against the firm’s strategy
- Must have a minimum 15-20+ years of work experience, including direct sales operations, effectiveness, pricing, and client delivery in a consulting environment
- Experience understanding client sales needs and developing sales strategies, processes, and value positioning that enable our teams to show up more consistently, sell more efficiently, to compete and win in the market
- Experience designing and standing up internal teams, processes, and incentives designed to drive change and behaviors within an organization
- Ability to lead teams by influence, activating others to execute and drive results by collaborating across functions in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for stakeholder and change management as well as relationship building
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive-level presentations
- High level of maturity in a highly visible role with access to confidential information
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.