Head of Agency Sales Operations
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Head of Agency Sales Operations to help to enable Clearcover distributing its products through the agency distribution channel.
This is a high visibility role. You’ll be responsible for developing and coordinating all back-office sales operations. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with external agency partners and across numerous internal functions to develop and manage various operational processes.
You’ll have a sales ops background and the ability to balance meeting short-term needs while also knowing how to scale. You’ll have a passion for data and out-of-the-box thinking. You should approach traditional agency channels with a healthy mix of respect and irreverence, applying both creativity and flexibility in building the channel in a uniquely Clearcover way.
You should also be a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This will be fun, but it won’t be easy.
- Agency Management – Serve as the subject-matter-expert (SME) for all back-office agency management processes, both internally and externally.
- Agency Setup and Onboarding – Manage relationships with agency operational contacts to collect required onboarding information. Design and maintain the producer hierarchy for appointed agency partners. Work with technology and operational teams to establish new agency onboarding and agency change/consolidation processes across various systems.
- Agency Compliance - Collaborate with operational/compliance team in the execution of our licensing and appointment strategy.
- Agency Performance Reporting – Collaborate with business intelligence team to create standardized reporting packages that meet the needs of various agency types. Create and maintain internal reporting that provides visibility into agency sales and financial performance.
- Agency Economics – Develop agency tiers and benchmarks based on performance. Collaborate with finance team in administering commission schedules for different agency types and developing SPIFs/special incentive programs, profit sharing agreements, and managing overall agency economics.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities and support models.
What are our must haves?
- You’re highly operational and analytical. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPIs, insurance financials, and can operationally develop and execute tactical plans.
- You have a technical ‘know-how’ and bring an intellectually curious mindset needed to simplify complex processes. You have experience working with existing agency distribution channels, but you’re highly motivated by the thought of disrupting legacy business models and bringing new product solutions to market.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re extremely fluent with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social