Head of Business Development, Direct Indexing at Morningstar
Morningstar's Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar's mission, values, and principles to deliver investment, advisory, and software solutions. We enable great financial advice to ultimately empower investor success. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection, and portfolio construction to create world-class investment solutions built upon Morningstar's unique data, analytics, and research. This unique investment data and analytics powers our portfolio accounting and aggregation engines. The group offers a full range of investment solutions, an end-to-end wealth management platform, and portfolio accounting services and account aggregation solutions to support wealth managers, financial advisors, and the investors they serve.
The Head of Business Development, Direct Indexing role within Morningstar Investment Management is responsible for leading our direct indexing initiative from a sales perspective. This passionate and proven leader will work across varied teams and key stakeholders including Product, Marketing, Investments, Operations, and Sales to ensure our go to market strategy is ambitious, clear, measurable, and differentiated. This leader will possess a client-centric mindset and approach in seeking to establish and grow our firm's position in this critical growth area of delivering customized portfolios at scale.
This role will be reporting to the Managing Director, Americas who is responsible for revenue generation across the region. We prefer for this position to be located in our Chicago office but will consider candidates working remotely in the United States where Morningstar is registered to conduct business.
- Oversee the creation of the go-to-market plan for direct indexing from a sales perspective
- Collaborate with product management to ensure our direct indexing initiative is competitively differentiated and ready to scale
- Serve as a key contributor in leadership teams to provide subject matter expertise on the advisory platform landscape, the desires and needs of the end investor, and the requisite capabilities and known path of execution of customized portfolios at scale
- Develop sales goals, metrics, pipeline, and target engagements to be captured in Salesforce for appropriate tracking and measurement
- Lead the creation of learning modules to aid in awareness and education both internally and externally to drive adoption and increase understanding
- Clearly and passionately articulate the Morningstar Investment Management direct indexing initiative in a client-facing manner for significant platform, home office, advisor, and press engagements, as appropriate
- Establish and manage quarterly and annual key performance indicators to ensure efforts are positioned to attack highest revenue opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with peers in marketing, sales, product, technology and finance organizations
- 10+ years of relevant asset management distribution experience
- Track record of developing and bringing new technology-centric products to market
- Demonstrated success in synthesizing market feedback to drive new product development or hone commercial strategies
- Exhibit past success in exceeding revenue targets for significant or new product initiatives
- Clear, effective communication skills and experience in a collaborative, transparent, and hands-on environment
- Strong problem solving, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Experience winning market share and hitting a revenue target
A Bachelor's Degree is required
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity