Head of Customer Success
Sprout Social is looking for a strategic and experienced Customer Success leader who is passionate about building and leading teams that are responsible for customer adoption, retention, growth and success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and a proven track record in developing and scaling Customer Success programs in the SaaS industry. The candidate will have experience in second line leadership and will inherently see the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process. This position will report to and work closely with the SVP of Global Sales and will be based at Sprout HQ in Chicago.
As the Head of Customer Success at Sprout Social, you will lead a 35+ Customer Success team that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 24,000 brands around the world including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. Our Customer Success team prides themselves on being the primary point of contact for all of our customers and are dedicated to providing personalized experiences to each and every brand.
- Lead a world-class team: recruit, hire and develop experienced leaders and Customer Success Managers, improve on-boarding and training programs, foster a culture of collaboration, over-achievement, and continuous learning
- Drive Customer Success outcomes including: increasing renewal rates, expanding revenue through up-sell/cross-sell, increase lifetime value by improving adoption and customer health scores
- Manage customer success activities including: on-boarding, training, renewals, advocacy, up-sell/cross-sell
- Measure effectiveness of customer success: refine and define operational metrics, refine systems for tracking metrics
- Improve Customer Success across the company: align with marketing to improve customer communications, partner with product to influence the roadmap, partner with sales to drive customer growth
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an account management or customer success leadership position - software sales experience is desirable
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and / or retention quotas
- Willingness and eagerness to travel to strategic accounts
- Deep understanding of and ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic account plans
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for customer success and customer happiness
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!