The Role: We're seeking an enthusiastic and talented Head of Global Sales Enablement and Learning to manage and build upon a growing sales enablement team. You'll expand, modernize and elevate the current strategy to further drive impact and value for Morningstar. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you'll create a global sales enablement vision and manage the team responsible for executing that vision. This role is critical to ensure Morningstar maintains a competitive edge through training and readiness that supports our global client facing teams.
Morningstar is a global financial services firm operating in 30 countries and has a 35+ year history developing best in class solutions that help investors reach their financials goals. We define investors as individuals as well as the financial advisors and institutions that serve investors. We are committed to helping this entire investment community by providing the data, research, software and services that best meet their needs.
As a high growth financial services firm, Morningstar is known for its organic innovation as well as expansion through M&A. We have an extensive roadmap of new data, research and software solutions coming to market that requires an executive who will lead the sales enablement workstream to help our sales, success and service teams prepare for these product launches. The success of these launches will be measured through sales and our clients' successful implementation of these solutions. Sales Enablement and Learning also plays a critical role in the integration of acquisitions and we need a leader who can drive the enablement workstream to capitalize on the synergies these offer.
- Manage the creation, development and maintenance of key training programs for Morningstar sales, success and support teams for the institutional and advisory space.
- Consult with Chief Revenue Officer and Senior Global Sales Managers to define and prioritize the top sales enablement requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Product Management, Client Solutions and other key stakeholders to prioritize, develop and deliver appropriate enablement content.
- Define learning paths and execution guidance for multiple client types and multiple buyer types within our client organizations.
- Be a core contributor to the creation, development and delivery of the annual Sales Kickoff.
- Modernize current enablement program through the implementation and adoption of software solutions such as an LMS and Sales Enablement Platform and 3rd party content.
- Oversee training for multiple, global learner audiences.
- Build a world class team of enablement professionals and inspire them to do their best work.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 15+ years of work experience, with 5+ years of experience creating, leading and improving sales enablement programs that focus on field sales, channel sales, inside sales, customer success and customer support.
- Travel requirements (if located in Chicago) post pandemic up to 20%
- Previous sales and/or sales management experience with proven skills building long term enterprise relationships. Preferred in the financial and/or software sectors.
- Experience with multi-channel distribution - VAD, VAR, SI/SP in mature and emerging markets.
- Strong passion and commitment for adult learning
- Strong and proven sales coaching skills and abilities; professional certification a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering in the end-to-end instructional design, process-based methodology (analysis, design, development and delivery) to create curriculum delivered in multiple modes (WBT, ILT, Hybrid).
- Skilled at delivering instructor-led sales training on industry domain, product, client facing skills and sales operations with an ability to apply thought leadership and 3rd party insights.
- Personality and ability to engage and collaborate well across complex organizations including with the c-suite, sales/service managers, sellers, service reps, marketing and product management.
- Ability to think strategically yet execute tactically. Someone who blends technical aptitude with business savvy and has demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish.
- Excellent people management, project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable with sales methodologies (i.e. Challenger, Sandler, Miller Heiman)
- Experience selecting and implementing sales enablement and learning technologies.
- Intermediate skills with MS PowerPoint, Rapid Development Software (Captivate, Articulate Storyline etc.), LMS and CMS software and solid aptitude for learning new systems and tools.
- Dynamic and proven presentation and written communication skills are a must.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity