Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 25,000 brands and agencies worldwide including: the Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software.
As the Head of Sales, LATAM, you will lead our go-to-market efforts across the entire region, representing our suite of solutions. This individual will oversee the sales execution strategies and tactics focused on quota attainment by the sales team including best practices in prospecting, managing, and closing opportunities, and the skills related to presenting and positioning Sprout Social as an industry leader.
Since this role will work with a group that collaborates, learns and celebrates together - you should be passionate about working with senior leaders across the organization to identify strategies and tactics as well as developing a strategic business plan to successfully achieve targeted sales objectives and marketing initiatives.
We’re looking for a data-driven and collaborative sales leader with a proven track record of leading sales teams to exceed goals. You should be an energetic and driven individual who has a strong command of B2B SaaS sales. If you are driven by meeting (and exceeding) revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as fostering the professional growth, development, and success of your team members, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in sales leadership, preferably with a B2B SaaS company
- Consistent and measurable track record of success that you can easily speak to and highlight – both as an individual salesperson and as a leader within a sales organization
- Expertise with Salesforce.com
- Professional fluency in Spanish and English (both written and verbal), Portuguese a plus
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience executing global Go-To-Market strategies including direct and channel sales
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, and communication skills
- Proven success in developing the people and process that create a healthy and successful sales team
- Data-centric in decision making
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the VP of Acquisition & Growth Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role-plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Assist in negotiations and deal strategy.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross-departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Marketing, and Product teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long-term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.