Head of Sales, US Strategic Accounts
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our clients in the advisor and asset management segments build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors.
The Role: As a Head of Sales, U.S. Strategic Accounts, you will lead a team of experienced enterprise sales representatives responsible for expanding Morningstar’s relationship with our largest institutional clients, representing over $250M in annual revenue. You will be responsible for coaching and managing this team to exceed sales goals, strengthen and build relationships, and achieve our strategic growth initiatives. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Exceed team sales attainment targets and execute strategic growth initiatives
- Act as the voice of our clients to represent market needs to our Solutions and Products colleagues
- Collaborate with internal teams to create training, weekly meeting, and strategic planning workshop agendas
- Represent the sales organization within the senior leadership team
- Work with other global sales leaders to establish best practices for effective coaching, territory and account planning, and sales efficiency
- Manage and develop sales talent for career progression, optimization of coverage, balancing our cost of sales (within budget for compensation, T&E) and avoiding disruption to our clients
- Accurately forecast team-level data in SFDC and proactively uncover sales opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Work with sales team on effective client meeting preparation and participate onsite at client meetings where appropriate
- Candidates should have at least ten years of sales and/or sales management experience in the finance industry
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations and build long-term client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across product and sales teams
- Strong leadership, long-range planning, collaboration and time-management skills are essential
- Ability to understand complex investment requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- A bachelor`s degree required; MBA or CFA a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.