Healthcare Sales Director
HEALTHCARE SALES DIRECTOR Job Description
higi SH LLC is a cloud-based health engagement platform that allows consumers to track biometric and lifestyle data and share it with people they trust (http://www.higi.com). With the nation’s largest self service health station network accessible at leading grocery and pharmacy retail locations, consumers can perform self screening with ease. Connected higi stations are also located in hospitals, clinics, workplaces, and other locations. Employers, Health Plans, and Health Systems, with a consumer’s consent, can subscribe and securely connect to receive regular biometric measurements. The higi platform supports web and mobile device access, and integrates with over 70 personal fitness, activity, and biometric devices. In addition to biometric measurements, higi supports challenges, surveys, communities and other engagement opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced healthcare sales executive to sell higi services and stations to health plans, health care provider organizations, related channels (such as an health plan’s self-insured employers), employee wellness programs / vendors, and employers. The sales executive may reside anywhere in the country and will work out of a remote home office.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Sales and/or Executive Vice President of Business Development, the Sales Director is a key member of the higi organization, serving as the critical connection between higi and customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong mix of sales, healthcare provider, and payer experience, coupled with strategic thinking and selling skills. This consultative sales person must think like a marketer, be well versed in both the “hunting” and “farming” aspects of a complex sales process, and bring energy to prospecting, qualifying, proposing, and closing. This person will manage a territory by successfully retaining, managing and growing existing clients, and aggressively targeting, engaging and closing new prospects. Candidates must have deep experience in the health care, health insurance industry, and employee wellness industries and a passion for making a difference in healthcare.
· Proactively learn the company’s capabilities, team roles, and client relationships
· Develop a territory plan for prospects/clients within assigned territory
· Effectively manage time allocation and travel expenses
· Prospect into and develop trusted relationships with the target C-level executives of prospective clients
· Initiate, develop, qualify, propose, and close opportunities for new and existing clients
· Develop and deliver executive level presentations and proposals (proposals with executive review/approval)
· Update Salesforce.com accounts, opportunities, activities, and contacts for accounts within territory
· Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with the team to continually improve the company’s value proposition
· Actively participate in selected industry conferences to promote the company’s services, develop new relationships, and generate new opportunities
· Support marketing/promotion programs/initiatives
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a health related degree or equivalent experience. Masters Degree is preferred.
· Minimum combination of 10 years of the following:
o health care or health plan employment
o enterprise sales experience, especially w/ hospitals, health systems, or health plans
· Understanding and previous execution of value based care activities (ACO’s, Pay for Performance, Bundled Payments, Quality programs, etc)
· Understanding of wellness, fitness and chronic disease management
· High level understanding of consumer marketing and advertising
· Proven sales skills from 10+ years related sales experience in healthcare, preferably into hospitals, health systems, and healthcare plans
· Track record of meeting and beating sales goals
· Experience with developing and executing tactical sales plans and account objectives
· Consultative sales skills required for complex, multi--‐ decision maker organizations.
· Ability to lead opportunity pursuit teams and efforts
· Effective negotiating skills and capacity
· Strong listening and learning skills
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong skills in using Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce CRM
· Ability to efficiently and effectively manage travel activities
CANDIDATES WHO HAVE WORKED IN A HEALTH SYSTEM OR HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY AND WITH EXPERIENCE IN SELLING ENTERPSE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS ARE OF PARTICULAR INTEREST.
Compensation and benefits
· Combination of salary commensurate with experience and a generous commission plan designed to promote sales achievement
· Competitive benefits package includes 401k, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, PTO, holidays, and sick leave.