Inbound Business Development Representative
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
Our Business Development Representatives develop logistical solutions for small to medium size businesses using the full suite of ShipBob's services. A BDR's primary responsibility is to evaluate each merchant's unique business needs and collaborate with ShipBob's Account Executives to close deals with merchants that have not previously worked with us. Our representatives achieve quota by meeting expected metrics for outbound touches and demos set for their respective Account Executives.
- Drive new business by qualifying inbound merchants to expand our clientele across all markets
- Maintain your sales pipeline via smart calling/email campaigns
- Identify client needs through assessing their current fulfillment methods
- Schedule demos with potential customers and Account Executives
- Achieving daily activity requirements through inbound merchant contact
- Report to designated manager to strategize more effective sales methods
- Speed to Lead focus
- Continuously finding ways to improve current system and add efficiency
- 2+ years of proven success in a sales environment
- Experience selling over the phone and smart calling various types of businesses/merchants
- Demonstrate a high degree of diligence and accountability
- Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition
- Relentless persistence in the face of daily rejection and delays from potential merchants
- An aptitude for research and analysis
- Willingness to work outside of business hours to secure additional meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.