Inside Digital Media Representative
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
Cars.com is seeking an Inside Digital Media Representative who will be responsible for developing relationships and consulting with clients within a defined geographic market while providing an opportunity to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. We offer an established career path within our direct sales team for ongoing career opportunity. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. Our enthusiastic and driven sales representatives focus on growth of existing accounts and prospect for new opportunities, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
There has never been a better time to join this best in breed sales organization. You will be surrounded by other experienced, mature hunters and closers in an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is committed to growing their books of business and servicing their clients. If you are true closer and want a great place to work, join the Cars.com team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development, mainly via phone.
- Cold-call key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of Cars.com products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of the various Cars.com products.
- Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the automotive landscape and industry as well as local market dynamics.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- As appropriate, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Utilize CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com and other tools to record, track and plan client activity.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments and participate in team or cross team initiatives and projects..
Cars.com is committed to making a work life/ balance for employees. Listed below are a few of our employee benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs
- Training & Development - Top notch curriculum to advance your learning and skills
- 401(k) Program – 100% vested immediately upon enrollment
- Company Paid Trips - Top performers will enjoy an all-expense paid company trip - VIP style!
- Paid time off - 3 weeks of vacation time in first year of employment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills, especially via phone with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Able to deliver high quality work results on time
- Able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Commitment to continuous self-development
- PC literacy including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- One to two years of sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred