Inside Sales Representative at SMS Assist
SMS Assist serves more than 186,000 commercial and residential properties nationwide. We connect property owners in industries like residential, retail and restaurant with a dense vendor network that specializes in more than 45 trades like landscaping, plumbing and HVAC. Our Customer Service organization leverages our proprietary One by SMS Assist cloud platform to process thousands of work orders daily.
Every day we strive to provide the best service to our customers through relentless innovation, ambition, passion for people, accountability and unquestionable integrity. We offer a game room, fitness center, bike garage, SMS Serves philanthropy program, company events, a fun location along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, and more. SMS Assist is a Moxie Awards winner, Chicago Innovation Awards winner, a Top 100 Digital Company in Chicago and has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for all four years of its existence! The list ranks the top 100 private cloud companies across four factors: market leadership, estimated valuation, operating metrics, and culture.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing prospective clients and creating interest of how SMS Assist services can benefit their organization. This position is an enterprise role working with sales, marketing, clients and prospective clients to build a sales pipeline. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales Operations and Strategy and will serve as a support role for all Vice Presidents of Sales.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
Role Specific Skills
Other Relevant Qualifications
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
- Identify profitable, prospective clients for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization
- Identify the key decision makers inside of targeted prospective clients
- Contact prospective clients securing appointments for the Vice Presidents of Sales; schedules follow up meetings
- Conduct warm introductions to Vice Presidents of Sales
- Perform a high volume of daily cold calls into key accounts
- Construct and send professional follow-up emails to prospective clients after call completion
- Provide weekly reporting to leadership on pertinent opportunity updates
- Work within Salesforce to create and manage new and existing opportunities
- Partner with marketing to orchestrate timing of touches on key accounts
- Participate in all introductory meetings to gather feedback and improve process
- Conduct follow-up meetings with Vice Presidents of Sales to solicit feedback on scheduled appointments
- Assist the Sales team in identifying key contacts to target; add the key contacts into daily contact lists
- Analyze operational and enterprise customer data related to sales, volumes, profitability, region, and product types; provide recommendations related to sales strategy
- Create insightful dashboards and scorecards enabling leadership to grow business lines across different regions and client sets
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected: up to [5%] of the time
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork - Proficient
- Relationships - Advanced
- Negotiation - Proficient
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization – Advanced
- Analytics - Advanced
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- System Experience: Salesforce required
- Two years of experience in business field, including 1 or more years selling or setting appointments with key decision makers required
- Two years of experience in marketing field required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in using Microsoft for scheduling preferred
- Experience meeting and engaging senior level management is preferred
- Experience in facilities or property management industry is preferred