SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing prospective clients and creating interest of how SMS Assist services can benefit their organization. This position is an enterprise role working with sales, marketing, clients and prospective clients to build a sales pipeline. The position reports to the Manager of Inside Sales and Lead Generation and will serve as a support role for all Vice Presidents of Sales.
- Identify profitable, prospective clients for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization
- Identify the key decision makers inside of targeted prospective clients
- Contact prospective clients securing appointments for the Vice Presidents of Sales; schedules follow up meetings
- Conduct warm introductions to Vice Presidents of Sales
- Perform a high volume of daily cold calls into key accounts
- Construct and send professional follow-up emails to prospective clients after call completion
- Provide weekly reporting to leadership on pertinent opportunity updates
- Work within Salesforce to create and manage new and existing opportunities
- Partner with marketing to orchestrate timing of touches on key accounts
- Participate in all introductory meetings to gather feedback and improve process
- Conduct follow-up meetings with Vice Presidents of Sales to solicit feedback on scheduled appointments
- Assist the Sales team in identifying key contacts to target; add the key contacts into daily contact lists
- Analyze operational and enterprise customer data related to sales, volumes, profitability, region, and product types; provide recommendations related to sales strategy
- Create insightful dashboards and scorecards enabling leadership to grow business lines across different regions and client sets
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected: up to [5%] of the time
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork - Proficient
- Relationships - Advanced
- Negotiation - Proficient
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization – Advanced
- Analytics - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- System Experience: Salesforce required
- Two years of experience in business field, including 1 or more years selling or setting appointments with key decision makers required
- Two years of experience in marketing field required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in using Microsoft for scheduling preferred
- Experience meeting and engaging senior level management is preferred
- Experience in facilities or property management industry is preferred