Inside Territory Sales - Software at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Solutions Advisor is responsible for being the subject matter expert, champion, and advocate for a specific solution or product within our overall portfolio. Their top priority is to radiate sales of a specific solution within our overall product portfolio. Develops new prospects to increase sales and adoption of new technologies and solutions. Strategically partners with Field Account Managers and serves as an overlay to help supplement their effort to drive next-generation solutions and services. The Solutions Advisor is held accountable and incented for individual achievement of specific business targets and results. The Solutions Advisor is typically assigned to a geographic territory and is responsible for establishing a strong rapport and relationship with internal field teams and both existing and potential customers.
- Penetrate accounts and radiate sales of a specific product or solution within an assigned territory or geographic region. Drive awareness. Meet and exceed assigned quota. Leverage both an individual and team selling approach to the desired solution
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan by account or geography. Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Act as a trusted advisor to influence a customer’s technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions. Builds trust through multiple communication methods
- Schedule customer meetings and develop opportunities.
- Develop innovative win-win solutions to address customer challenges. Uncovers viable solution options from the customer’s point of view.
- Strong understanding of key competitors within market space. Ability to predict what competitors will do in specific sales situations. Clearly articulates differentiators between our solutions and the competition. Leverages competitive successes.
- Achieve established daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly outbound call and sales performance targets
- Establish and build strong future opportunity pipeline and provide sales forecasts to management
- Establish trust and build strong business relationships with customers and assigned field teams.
- Partner with Account Managers to determine appropriate strategic sales approach. Be viewed as a strategic partner and extended team member
- Attend quarterly business reviews (QBR), participate in weekly territory calls and make in-field visits, as appropriate. Present results and forecast, as required
- Travel, as required. Approximately 25%
- Proven sales achievement in a high-energy, phone-based selling environment a PLUS
- Experience developing collaborative relationships
- Closing skills: Winning sales campaigns after they have progressed past Needs Development; closing late stage deals; developing reasons for prospects to act; overcoming late stage deal obstacles; winning confidence and support of late stage new entrants to the sales campaign
- Experience delivering presentations
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Windows or Google based applications
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Customer focused; detail oriented
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/fast-paced work environment
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Self-motivated with a high degree of drive and determination
- Strong individual contributor and team player
- Adaptive and flexible (changing technologies, processes, environments)
- Bachelors Degree in Business/related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years field sales or Inside Sales experience required
As an employer of 100 or more employees, Motorola Solutions has implemented a policy requiring all U.S. employees reporting to a workplace (anywhere you are performing services on behalf of Motorola Solutions) where other people are present (including coworkers and customers) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by February 9, 2022. Any employees not fully vaccinated by this date will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may apply for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief. Any offer of employment will be contingent on candidate's ability to demonstrate proof of vaccination (unless approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief) or willingness to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.