Inside Territory Sales at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Inside Territory Sales Representative is responsible for being the subject matter expert, champion, and advocate for a specific solution or product within our overall portfolio. Their top priority is to radiate sales of a specific solution within our overall product portfolio. Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales and adoption of new technologies and solutions. Lead customer demonstrations that highlight and differentiate our solutions and value proposition. Strategically partners with Field Account Managers and serves as an overlay to help supplement their effort to drive next-generation solutions and services. The Solutions Advisor is held accountable and incented for individual achievement of specific business targets and results. The Solutions Advisor is typically assigned to a geographic territory and is responsible for establishing a strong rapport and relationship with internal field teams and both existing and potential customers. This role is 100% inside selling with in-field travel required as necessary.
- Be a hunter. Cold call/email leads
- Understand the technology and business structure
- Aggressively prospect and qualify potential clients generated through outbound calling, email initiatives and attending appropriate industry events defined by sales management
- Attends customer specific meetings, conferences and technology forums, as directed by the sales team
- Learn and understand the assigned territory government processes, to include but not limited to, State Term Schedules, Purchase Ordering Processes, Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotations (RFQ), and or sealed bids
- Keep current with industry trends that are relevant to targeted vertical markets
- Have a technical understanding of and ability to articulate and demonstrate Motorola’s products and value proposition
- Possess a strong phone presence and superior communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Perseverant; works hard and handles objections well.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Salesforce.
- BA/BS in business or marketing preferred
- Thrives in a competitive team-oriented environment
- Strong organization and administration skills.
- Professional, friendly and positive disposition.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to company vision, mission and values.
- Willing and able to contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Energetic, eager to learn, can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years of sales/customer service experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.