Inside Territory Sales at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Inside Sales Representative is responsible for directly selling Motorola Solutions products and services through achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas for a pre-established set of accounts designated by Field Sales Management. The Inside Sales Representative is held accountable for reaching business targets associated with phone-based selling and other revenue generating activities (outbound calling, lead generation & follow-up, call campaigns on promotion launches, prospecting, email campaigns, etc).
- Penetrate targeted accounts and radiate sales from within assigned customer base.
- Responsible for executing a wide variety of phone-based revenue generating opportunities: lead generation/outbound calling; cold call qualified prospects provided from external sources and deliver lead out to the field, as appropriate; conduct outbound call campaigns; identify and act on up-sell/cross-sell opportunities; drive promotion awareness, opportunity management, emphasize product/service features and benefits; quote generation, etc
- Partner with Account Managers to determine appropriate strategic sales approach and be viewed as strategic partner and extended team member
- A trusted partner and valued resource for all support needs and business activities for an assigned sales team. Examples include: quote generation and comprehensive end to end “request for quote” process management; expedite access to marketing materials and product information; deliver product and pricing comparison matrices to accelerate customer decision making; maintain and manage in field customer specific pricing contract data and reporting requirements; manage and resolve a wide variety of product configuration & pricing issues, etc.
- Serve as liaison and single point of contact for navigating internal operational resources to resolve customer and field escalated issues
- Partner closely with Marketing Operations to ensure flawless and seamless execution on lead qualification and hand-off activities
- Actively work to reduce sales team administrative time spend and convert it to increased selling time.
- Build “best in class” sales support infrastructure and identify trends and opportunities for increased sales support across North America.
- Support local sales teams by driving adoption of new tools and processes that increase selling time, improve sales efficiency and effectiveness and enables them to spend more time in front of customers.
- Attends customer specific meetings, conferences and technology forums, as directed by the sales team. Learn and understand the assigned territory government processes, to include but not limited to, State Term Schedules, Purchase Ordering Processes, Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotations (RFQ), and or sealed Bids.
- Provide custom reporting, metrics, and data analysis, as required.
- Provide proactive data on customer ordering history and buying patterns.
Basic RequirementsBachelor's Degree and/or 2+ years of sales/customer service experience
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.