Institutional Client Desk Analyst at IMC Trading
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Institutional Client Desk Analyst as part of the IMC Execution Services team
Based in New York, the IMC Execution Services team executes index options, ETF options and single-stock options as well as cash ETFs and equities for Institutional Clients such as hedge funds, asset managers and insurance companies.
You will assist the team across a wide variety of functions. A successful hire will streamline the team’s processes and build tools to analyze results & opportunities. Over time, the candidate will have opportunities to interact with clients. IMC will prepare you for the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) and other required exams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Write scripts to pull data to/from third party platforms from/to IMC’s proprietary platforms
- Create analysis tools to measure and visualize desk’s business targets
- Create order tickets
- Confirm trade executions, generate trade recaps
- Assist senior colleagues in executing trades electronically and with floor brokers
- Assist salespeople and traders as needed with ad hoc projects
- Use Bloomberg and IMC proprietary tools to create market analysis and generate ideas for sophisticated institutional clients
- Since the desk deals with sophisticated, institutional clients, candidate will be required to communicate well, both written (emails, Bloomberg chat) and verbal (Zoom meetings, in-person events)
- Maintain and improve client databases
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience as an analyst; preferably at investment bank, broker or consulting, either in client facing or operational markets role.
- Strong mathematical / quantitative skills
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Excel
- Experience with Dremio and/or MongoDB is a plus
- Options / Derivatives experience or a willingness to learn about Options / Derivatives
- Team player, will to contribute to small but quickly growing sales team
- Desire to interact directly with clients
- Ability to communicate well with clients both in person and through email/chat/phone
- Interest in financial markets / current events
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.