Internal Sales Consultant, Investment Management at Morningstar
About the Role
As an Internal Sales Consultant to join our growing sales team for Morningstar Investment Services, Inc. (MIS), a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. You will work to in tandem with your Regional Sales Director to increase business within your assigned territory. This position is based out of our downtown Chicago office.
- Be conversant in all aspects of our managed portfolios program.
- Build Relationships with advisors and make strong presentations via phone and written communication.
- Prospect, profile and service new and existing advisors within assigned territories.
- Identify individual objectives, circumstances and needs of the advisor’s business and client base, and work with the advisor to align with Morningstar solutions.
- Make outbound dials to advisors to fill conferences, webinars and regional events when needed.
- Ability to perform various operational tasks as needed.
- Utilize current systems, including Salesforce CRM and Discovery Database to document and manage sales efforts.
- Influence, persuade, and educate advisors on the key benefits of various Morningstar offerings and assist advisors in the evaluation of offerings considering specific client circumstances.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with Support, Marketing, Key Accounts and Investment team as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect over the phone to financial advisors.
- Minimum of 2 years related industry experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interest and ability to explain portfolio management concepts.
- Series 65 or 66 Licensed, or ability to attain licensing within six months of being hired.
- Bachelor`s degree required.
090_MstarInvSvcInc Morningstar Investment Services, Inc. Legal Entity