ITSM Practice - Technical Consultant at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join one of the best ServiceNow implementation teams on the planet! This team is responsible for guiding customers toward successful product implementations. We have an innovative, collaborative, and fun culture and are all very passionate about the ServiceNow platform.
You will have an opportunity to work closely with our customers, enable them in our product, and architect solutions with them, ultimately helping them to achieve their desired outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
This role is responsible for developing, investing, and maintaining thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to ITSM product capabilities and complimentary technologies in a client-consulting environment including: Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, CMDB, Knowledge, and Service Level Management. Lead all technical aspects of the project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Creation and delivery of solutions for customers, addressing requirements through technical architecture in consideration of process design, ServiceNow Technical Best Practices and Standards.
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment, and maintenance of Technical Best Practices and Standards.
- Ensuring technical deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time, and deliver valued outcomes.
- Active participant, contributor, and thought leader in communities of excellence that provides mentoring, implementation support, maturity maps, and continual improvements.
- Build trust and establish thought leadership through publication activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, WIKI, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc…
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITSM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise, and best practices.
- Achieve ITSM Practice and Individual KPI’s and metrics as defined.
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments
- 3+ years working in the ITSM or IT Services/Consulting industry
- Experience of ITIL, minimum foundation level, ideally higher. Knowledge of other frameworks such as COBIT beneficial
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO, and other such technologies
- Active listener, respecting others’ point of view and ability to take ownership of contributing to the required input whilst demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons, and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems during project delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, and ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Committed to customer satisfaction and referenceability and ensures that actions contribute towards a positive experience by the customer
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.