About the Company:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What’s the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Junior Collateral Underwriter to join our innovative and passionate team.
- Review Agency (FNMA/ FHLMC) appraisals that receive reps and warrants relief for compliance with GR criteria.
- Monitor and filter all new appraisals in Encompass/ SCOPE to determine which ones qualify for reps and warrants relief streamlined review.
- Act as an internal consultant to staff regarding appraisal with reps and warrants relief (from FNMA/FHLMC).
- Identify necessary conditions for qualifying appraisals and coordinate accordingly with Underwriting and Collateral Valuation departments.
- Self-directed with a strong desire to learn and be a member of an innovative team.
- Technology savvy- proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Encompass experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail
- Administrative experience preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.