Lead Salesforce Administrator at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019, #8 in 2020) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in Inc. 5000 five years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
As a member of the Salesforce Engineering team, you will support a growing FinTech Environment, reporting to the Salesforce Development Manager. Our FinTech platform is built on Salesforce including our Origination and Servicing flows. Using Salesforce as a Platform - we use Service Cloud, Einstein Bots, LWC, Platform Events, Live Agent, and much more. We are also focused on automation and working with the latest Salesforce technologies; we have implemented Sandbox Spinup automation, full automation regression, automated data snapshot testing, and are improving and rolling out new ways to improve our platform and development processes. You will also get to…
- Lead a team Salesforce Administrators, and work with Lead Salesforce Software Engineers and their squads
- Build custom metadata and deploy using source control and deployment automation
- Partner with developers to integrate with custom code and APIs
- Partner with quality engineers to troubleshoot issues and build test plans
- Pair and mob with other Salesforce admins and developers
- Partner with business operations, including our product organization, to turn requirements into technical solutions.
- We want you to grow your skills with us! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books, and materials.
- This position is US-based remote-capable.
The Salesforce Engineering team is an essential contributor to the health of the services/products we provide for our customers. You will have:
- Knowledge of Salesforce internals, and SOQL
- Familiarity with distributed source control systems such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial.
- Our admins use Git to create branches and push/pull changes.
- Security orientation in everything you do
- Experience working with business teams to define requirements
- Salesforce Administrator certification
- Experience mentoring junior engineers, and helping teams improve over time.
- A bias towards building relationships and agreement
- An interest in learning new things, from the business context, to new tools and technologies, to fundamentals of good configuration practices; and, a willingness to teach the same to others.
- Experience with relational database schema design
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize the work
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our Onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].