Listings Coordinator at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
We are seeking a meticulous, obsessive "gearhead" to join our Listings Team and help build the world's largest database of vintage, used, and new musical instruments.
Do you obsess over nut widths, fretboard materials, and obscure limited-run finishes? Our brand's authoritative voice on gear starts with the quality of our product data, and we are looking for someone who cares as deeply about all the nerdiest aspects of guitars, amps, and pedals as our most fervent power users!
As a Listings Coordinator, your knowledge and expertise will be key in augmenting Reverb’s ever-growing collection of structured product data. You will use a combination of manufacturer documents, Reverb listings, and online knowledge bases to research, catalog, and accurately translate product information into database entries that will enrich Reverb listings and drive site features. In addition, you will examine listings created by Reverb sellers to ensure that they are accurately categorized and tied into our product database, and select particularly compelling listings for inclusion in sitewide promotions.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day:
- Matching incoming listings created by Reverb sellers to corresponding database entries, and auditing matches for accuracy.
- Researching, cataloging, and adding products to our database, and auditing existing entries for accuracy.
- Crafting and publishing user-facing product pages.
- Curating standout listings for promotions and site features.
- Upholding Reverb’s community standards by flagging, editing, or suspending nonconforming listings as needed.
- An obsession with all things guitar gear-related, from the most minute specs and features to key brands and artists.
- An endless passion for learning about new or unfamiliar gear, with the ability to quickly absorb and internalize new information.
- Ability to recognize patterns in unorganized data and standardize it with minimal direction.
- Adapt to changing priorities and processes.
- An appreciation for the beauty and utility of a well laid-out spreadsheet!
- Strong data entry skills, including the ability to independently process dense volumes of complex data quickly and accurately.
- Deep knowledge of brands, models, specs/features, and history across guitar categories (including parts, accessories, amps, effects, etc.)
- Sustained attention to detail under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets software, including bulk data manipulation tools and formulas, is a plus.
- Working knowledge of products across non-guitar categories is a plus.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!