Loan Servicing Assistant Manager
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Our one goal is to be an advocate for our Customers and lead them through the mortgage servicing process. If you’re someone with mortgage experience looking for a challenging career at a growing company look no further! The individual awarded this role will participate in and assist in the day to day management of our mortgage loan servicing department and oversee/implement policies and procedures to enhance our borrower experience. The ideal candidate will possess extensive customer service experience, some escrow management, and some general mortgage servicing, including collections and related litigation experience. Additionally, qualified candidates should be familiar with all governing regulations, laws, and best industry practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of 15-20-person team with the responsibility for customer service, escrow analysis, collections, and loss mitigation, focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Handle escalated customer service issues with a “put the customer first” mentality focused on finding the correct solutions sensitive to both customer needs and compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates as well as other mangers and officers of the company.
- Ensure a seamless transition from the originating to servicing lenders including the processing of goodbye letters and transfer of escrow funds.
- Escrow account management including paying taxes and insurances.
- Review and manage policies and procedures manual, as well as system functionality to make modifications as necessary.
- Monitor collection calls and required letters on delinquent loans.
- Direct efforts to limit losses on outstanding problem loans.
- Provide customer service to escalated calls.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive Customer Service and problem-solving skills to promptly identify and respond to any escalated issues.
- Interpersonal skills to motivate, coach, and influence others, as well as diplomacy to work with management across business units internally and externally.
- High touch customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Above average computer skills
- College Degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years in supervisory role.
- Mortgage industry, mortgage servicing, or financial products/retail banking experience preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.