Loan Servicing Manager
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The Loan Servicing Manager will participate in and manage the day to day functions of our mortgage loan servicing department and oversee/implement policies and procedures to enhance our borrower experience. The ideal candidate will possess extensive customer service experience, escrow management, and general mortgage servicing, including loss mitigation and related default experience. Additionally, qualified candidates should be familiar with all governing regulations, laws, and best industry practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage leaders responsible for 10+ persons dedicated to customer service, escrow analysis, loan boarding, collections, and loss mitigation, focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Handle escalated customer service issues with a “put the customer first” mentality focused on finding the correct solutions sensitive to both customer needs and compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to their associates as well as other leader of the company.
- Ensure a seamless transition from the originating to servicing lenders including the processing of goodbye letters and transfer of escrow funds.
- Escrow account management including monitoring and disbursing funds.
- Review and manage policies and procedures manual, as well as system functionality to make modifications as necessary.
- Monitor sub-servicer performance and in-house servicing operational processes.
- Direct efforts to limit losses on outstanding problem loans.
- Provide customer service to escalated calls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in business, accounting or finance
- Five or more years of experience in mortgage loan servicing with experience in loan servicing areas (Customer Service, Default/Foreclosure, Escrow, Payment Processing/Payoff, Investor Reporting)
- Knowledge of all aspects of mortgage loan servicing operational policies and practices, renovation lending, and regulatory requirements
- Possess considerable knowledge of origination and servicing related documentation
- Manage to Best in Class Customer service levels
- Ability to deal with Investors/Insurers with both integrity and assertiveness
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communications and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong quantitative, analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced fluid environment
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-AC1