MACH Architect at Kin + Carta
MACH Architect will lead a technical team through client engagements, which can include vendor selection, architecture strategy, conceptual and detailed design, development, testing, deployment, warranty and follow-up releases, and test and optimization. Technical Architects will collaborate with a Technical Director and development team to establish development best practices.
Client engagement teams are cross-functional teams, and the MACH architect will be an integral part of establishing collaboration with the business, creative, UX, QA and strategy members. As such, a technical architect should be adept at representing a technical point of view in both client and team settings, and shaping the direction of the technical implementation.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative and desire to join and help build a technical team determined to deliver value and acumen for our clients.Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Technical Director to help define enterprise scale technology solutions, integrations and platforms
- Lead complex engagements and drive the technical implementation
- Serve as technical oversight for the team, and key client contact for technical implementation
- Work with project management to establish timelines, resource types and hours for project planning and staffing
- Provide development and dev-ops strategy and oversight
- Manage development team including selection and approval of all frameworks, tools and critical implementation details
- Mentor junior technical resources
- Outside of billable engagements, help business development efforts around responses to proposals, cases
- Assist in developing the technology practice
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a similar field
- 6+ years of development experience in enterprise scale systems development, platform implementation, and digital development
- 8+ Years in client-facing consulting roles that interface with all aspects of a client business, including IT, Information Security, Marketing, Sales and Finance
- Fundamental background in software design, including design patterns and best practices
- Experience with one or more of the prevalent development platforms with an ability to solution design: NodeJS, React.JS, Vue.js, Angular.js
- Deep experience with content management systems (CMS) and digital experience platforms (DXP) from top vendors (Adobe, Sitecore, Episerver, Acquia Drupal, ContentStack, Contentful)
- Experience with Cloud Hosting Platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google, Alibaba, Oracle, IBM, Tencent) and global Content Delivery and Security Networks (AWS Cloudfront, Akamai, Edgecast, Cloudflare, Netlify, Vercel)
- Knowledge of application security concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of performance tuning and performance testing methodologies
- Experience working in multiple development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, Waterfall)
- Experience across a variety of client engagements and industries
- Experience with major search providers
- Experience with major Analytics packages (Adobe and Google)
- Experience with Experience Orchestration packages (Thunderhead, Usermind, Adobe)
- Knowledge of CRM and AMS packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.