Mainframe Senior Solutions Architect at Ensono
Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of infrastructure services serving mid-tier to large enterprise clients. 451 Research says, “it is one of the few providers that bridges the old world with the new era of IT. These services are often designed around the outcomes and objectives of clients, rather than the underlying infrastructure building blocks.” Ensono’s mission is to deliver technology solutions that enable our clients to be great at what they do. Ensono provides managed IT services and solutions spanning mainframe and midrange to hyperscale cloud that address our clients’ current needs while anticipating and engineering solutions for the ever-changing demands of tomorrow. We are trusted by some of the world’s most successful companies being tenacious in delivering on our commitments and highly flexible. Covering the breadth of technology platforms, the pre-sales Solutions Architect is responsible for creating solutions that propel our clients’ businesses forward. Ensono has approximately 2,200 associates and is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL just outside Chicago. Ensono also has presence in Omaha, NE; Conway, AR; Staines, UK, Pune and Chennai India, and Gdańsk, Poland. Our company and community is one that focuses on the philosophy of we win together. Ensono associates build strong partnerships and a commitment to win across all pillars of our business.
Mainframe Senior Solutions Architect leverages knowledge of IBM mainframe technology to help document, shape, and direct the technology roadmap for Ensono and for our clients. Work directly with senior executives and leadership to identify and address technology gaps, strategic goals, and business imperatives impacted by infrastructure technologies. Suggest new technologies or new approaches to achieve business goals. Develop methodologies to integrate technology innovation with existing governance and enterprise architecture processes. Provide fully costed solution architecture to meet client and prospective client requests. Maintain and update documentation related to organization-wide IT activities and technology roadmaps. Communicate progress and direction through formal presentations, collaborative meetings, and content publishing to mixed audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments - owner
- Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reference architecture for Ensono infrastructure solutions
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered the subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenter
- Responsible for working with the client to obtain the solution requirements for the infrastructure
- Responsible for written design of the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
- Responsible for being the technical subject matter expert for the implementation and ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
- Responsible for presenting cost estimates for the mainframe solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
- Engages in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipates obstacles, and recommends solution options to mitigate.
- Ensures infrastructure solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.)
- Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client mainframe infrastructure solutions.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience
- Extensive previous background with IBM mainframes, including previous experience as a systems programmer supporting complex mainframe environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Previous experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design
- Storage Platforms (EMC, IBM, Hitachi, Oracle)