Manager, Account Management
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor and Asset Management.
The Role: Morningstar`s Advisor Solutions unit is creating a new client-facing Account Management team that will be focused on enhancing our clients’ overall experience and driving value that leads to upsells, expansion into other areas of an Account, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for a high energy, enthusiastic leader to manage this Account Management team based in Chicago. We are looking for someone who is motivated, goal-oriented, results-driven, and inspired to lead a team of account managers to achieve and exceed both individual and team goals on a quarterly basis. We are specifically looking for a strategic leader who can zoom out and see the big picture but also roll their sleeves up and jump into the weeds alongside their team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of Account Managers, which includes, but is not limited to assisting with day-to-day questions from AM’s, ongoing coaching and mentoring, communicating updates relevant to the team as they come up, and representing the team in strategic meetings and initiatives. Success in this role will require performance management to drive both client and company results, industry expertise and acumen, and the ability to thrive in a high growth and fast paced company environment.
• Hire, measure, coach, motivate and lead the account management team.
• Manage the Account Managers to execute renewal and upgrade processes for the Direct to Advisor team book of business.
• Provide strategic coaching on general sales strategy, call planning, time utilization, and the sales process
• Provide strategic coaching on product offerings and value propositions
• Provide tactical coaching on value-based selling and customer interaction skills
• Work closely with the sales, customer success, and operations managers to streamline workflows and create a seamless customer experience.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal customers. Provide feedback and field intelligence to the organization
• Maintain awareness of product development initiatives and communicate to the account management team.
• Review team structure, hiring needs, and comp plan and make changes as needed to align with company objectives
• Complete administrative tasks, reports and analyses
• Are a passionate leader who sets their team up for success and expects great results
• Are a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Possess strong leadership, management, interpersonal, and influencing skills
• Pursue a consultative selling approach and strong interpersonal, relationship management skills.
• Have a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
• Are stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works
• Are familiar with and interested in financial markets or services, particularly investing
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a sales team and 6+ year of overall work experience.
• Experience in people management & a commitment to leadership development