Manager, Brand Partnerships at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
Leveraging partnership and business development experience, the Brand Partnerships Manager identifies and delivers strong partners that will satisfy the clients’ marketing and business needs, to ultimately drive sales.
This person will be responsible for:
- Partner/property identification & recommendation to client.
- Scouting and engaging with partners, negotiating terms, and managing ongoing relationships.
- Develop sales materials that are tailored to individual partner needs.
- Plan, pitch and handle negotiations. This person will have discretion when it comes to negotiating complex deals, involving deal structure, margin and other critical contract terms.
- Develop deal points and take partner to contract.
- Follow through and work with Account team to ensure all partner commitments have been met.
- Manage a pipeline of multiple partners and close deals to meet quarterly metrics.
- Identification of potential new partners and work with internal cross-functional teams to help deliver against existing promotions.
Maintains good knowledge of industry trends, regularly gathering industry intelligence and sharing relevant information within the Brand Partnerships and or Account teams and where appropriate, with the rest of the agency.
- Understands clients’ business and challenges.
- Works to identify new opportunities to deliver fresh and relevant partners for T-Mobile
- Brainstorm promotional partners and concepts
- Communicates with and nurtures relationships with selected partners, including but not limited to consumer products, films, home entertainment, gaming, digital, music, and retail.
- Research prospective partners to learn their business, new products, upcoming initiatives and objectives to help assess fit and sales approach
- Actively participates in the development of the strategy, helps to shape recommendations.
- Reach out to prospective partners and manage tracking of outreach, secure NDAs, create tailored partner proposal presentations
- Must have an existing network of corporate contacts and established relationships to aid in sourcing appropriate partner contacts
- Hit the ground running and drive prospective new partner meetings
- Organize and prepare for meetings, developing recommendations based on target audience
- Build relationships with key partner contacts and ensure partners’ business needs are being met and business objectives are being achieved
- Draft business terms, manage review and approval of joint partner agreements with legal with attention to detail
- Channel partner feedback to internal teams and management
- Track and maintain working knowledge of partner redemption rates as benchmarks and use this data to develop future partner deal recommendations
- Maintains ongoing partner status internally and for clients
- Must have good knowledge of industry and communicate relevant business trends
- Attend selected trade shows and off-site meetings as needed and represents both the agency and the client in a professional and helpful manner.
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required
- 8+ years’ experience in Business Development or Partnerships with established partner relationships
- Prior experience with brand partners, promotions, putting together deal terms from negotiation through closed deals
- Become an expert within your designated vertical
- Food, Retail, Entertainment or Mobile experience
- Adult and Millennial Marketing, Client Service, Partner Management, Relationship Development, Trend Tracking, Industry Reporting
- Understanding of the client’s business and ability to articulate and persuade using the client’s business language
- Have a knowledge, interest and passion for building strong relationships with partners
- Engaged and proactive, demonstrates initiative and go-getter
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Experience negotiating and being thoughtful in partnership agreements/handling contracts, developing relationships and negotiating various types of deals. Experience handling contracts and being thoughtful in negotiations
- Think creatively to problem solve partnership endeavors
- Strategically position decks that tell the client story and proposal
- Strong relationship management, presentations, time and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (Must be strong user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint + key email, schedule and internet applications, etc.)
- Must be comfortable accessing online databases and conducting Internet research
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing data and using this information to make recommendations that drives engagement
- Must be able to understand complex business objectives and effectively communicate intelligence and strategy to client, TMS employees at all levels and to partners
Essential Physical/Other Requirements
- Some travel required (10% - 15%)
- Works under frequent time pressures and distractions
The Marketing Store, A HAVI Company, provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.