Manager, Carrier Sales at MoLo Solutions
Seeking better, doing better. Full of energy and constantly adapting. We are obsessed with growth. Growth of our company and growth of our employees. We’re an innovative startup, making a name for ourselves in the world of logistics. We pride ourselves on being transparent, personable and dedicated. Investing in our customers, carriers and employees is what differentiates us from the competition. Founded in 2017 with just three employees, MoLo boasts over 200 employees three years later. Located in the West Loop of Chicago. MoLo has an insatiable appetite for growth, relentless commitment to customer service and an incomparable work culture. Discover something different. Find your future at MoLo today.
What will you be doing?
Manager, Carrier Sales is a leadership position within MoLo’s Carrier Sales Department. The Carrier Sales Manager is responsible for the performance and growth of an Carrier Team, made up of Sr Carrier Sales Reps, Carrier Sales Specialists, Carrier Sales Reps, and Carrier Operations Reps. They are accountable for individual reviews and employee development. The Carrier Sales Manager is expected to use analytics to drive personnel decision making, process creation, and carrier account strategy. The Carrier Sales Manager consistently exemplifies MoLo’s service standard and culture etiquette. The Carrier Sales Manager is an effective leader and motivator.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Employee development and performance reviews
- Freight execution which includes load board management and advanced strategy which includes carrier relationship development and lane development
- Advanced freight market analysis
- Communicate proactively with customer sales and customer operations to provide solutions for carriers and customers
- KPI reporting and visibility
- Carrier engagement
- Business reviews and process improvement initiatives
- Fluency in transportation systems including TMS, geo-tracking, DAT, RMIS, Power-BI, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ Years of previous experience in 3PL Carrier Sales
- 1+ years or previous experience in management or leadership capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Deep understanding of freight market
- Ability to align growth initiatives with industry leading service levels