Manager, Channel Sales
Sprout Social is seeking a talented Sales leader to oversee our burgeoning Channel Sales program. This team is focused on developing new revenue streams strategic Reseller, Referral and Affiliate partnerships Globally in addition to managing and optimizing our existing partnerships.
The ideal candidate has a background in Sales and Channel development. This candidate must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication and organizational skills, while being willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Manager of Channel Sales draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, helping to drive business change, and while optimizing external relationships with partners.
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000+ brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- SaaS experience preferred
- Passion for coaching, mentoring and empowering others
- Built internal processes to support channel and external efforts
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities and taking the initiative
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinars
- Experience building relationships internally and externally.
- Understand and apply effective new business development strategies and techniques
- Passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director, Sales Strategy to define key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1’s to understand current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-marketing messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Meet with leaders throughout Sales, Customer Success and Marketing organizations that share responsibility for accomplishing goals.
- Fully immerse yourself within our current channel partners and their day to day administrative needs.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand brand, culture, KPIs, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor to your team and the company.
- Develop strong connections within the business to help produce a roadmap to a successful Channel program.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Marketing and Product teams.
- Continue to develop your team, personally and professional.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Added process optimization, new partners, and growth within our existing partner ecosystem.
- By way of your involvement, the department will have matured into an efficient and strategic revenue arm for the company.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop / Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better.