Manager, Market Development Representative at DocuSign
Manager, Market Development Representative
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, IL
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Manager, Market Development will possess the ability to manage & motivate a team of Market Development Representatives (MDR) to achieve individual opportunity generation quotas. They also must be able to measure, monitor and hold MDRs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. The Enterprise Market Development Manager will work directly with MDRs to improve cold calling, qualification and discovery calls, prospecting sequences, appointment setting, follow up, organization, and overall prospecting effectiveness. He/she will work with the Director of Market Development to increase efficiencies and processes within the department. This Manager will mentor each MDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for supplying qualified leads to DocuSign Account Executives.
This position reports to the Manager of Market Development.
- Drive success of the company’s goals and objectives through achieving individual sales quotas
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into a geographic territory or within the core verticals
- Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and products demonstrations, by phone and via online demo
- Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools
- Collaborate effectively and engage various pre/post sales resources including Sales Development Representatives, Market Development Representatives, Solutions Engineers, Account Managers, Partner Account Managers, as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services and Customer Support
- Travel as necessary, typically 10%
- BA/BS degree or equivalent sales related experience
- CRM experience
- Experience in qualifying prospects
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Inside sales experience
- Prospecting experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with quotas and metrics in past positions
- Motivation, drive and self-starting attitude
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.