Manager, Restaurant Accounts at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Manager in our Restaurant Accounts department, this position will be leading and developing a team of Account Advisors. The Account Advisor team's focus is to expand our restaurant relationships by selling and servicing existing restaurant clients.
- Lead a team of 8-10 Account Advisors who are actively improving our restaurant accounts every day
- Develop the team’s sales skills to and teach them to build relationships with their portfolio of restaurant accounts
- Work with each individual on your team to meet or exceed goals for account retention, enhancement and our online ordering products
- Have a one on one with each team member at least once a month to discuss pipelines, activity performance and progress to personal goals
- Have a team meeting at least once a month
- Listen to sales calls and score them for quality and development purposes
- Encourage team evolvement with our products and company initiatives.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects related to our restaurant accounts or our team’s tools and products
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of Sales or Account Management experience
- 2 or more years of Sales Management experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with (or selling to) restaurant owners is a major plus
- Outstanding, positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You must be a clear communicator and comfortable on the phone.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a team of people
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to focus on detail while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google products) with the ability to quickly learn new software
- Experienced with Salesforce.com or similar toolset
- Proficiency in additional languages strongly preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.