Manager, Sales Development at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a Manager of Sales Development with experience in building and leading teams that are responsible for generating outbound interest and developing a go-to-market strategy targeting the Enterprise segment.
This person must be a demonstrated leader within their current organization, an individual who consistently goes above and beyond their job description and must have a passion for coaching sales reps at the early stage of their careers to support the talent pipeline of Sprout. The ideal candidate has demonstrated past successes in sales leadership such as achieving quota consistently, hiring and developing sales people, experience with software sales, and seeing the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The mission of the Sales Development organization at Sprout is to build the talent and revenue pipeline that will fuel the growth of the business moving forward.
- Previous experience in a sales management role - SaaS experience is desirable
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and / or retention quotas
- Confident hiring methodology to bring on new talent into a hunting role
- Deep understanding of creating and fostering an exciting and positive team culture
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic processes to increase team efficiencies
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrates understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for coaching and improving sales reps
- Demonstrates ability to lead through change and be a team player
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Sales Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges, coaching plans for each rep and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Enterprise Sales organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of the sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Sales leadership and Marketing on outbound strategy.
- Begin running weekly team meetings to communicate pertinent business updates, provide necessary trainings and inspire your team to over attain their targets.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross-departmental relationships with Sales leadership, Sales Operations and Marketing teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long-term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!