Manager, SMB Sales at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a collaborative and motivated Sales Manager with experience in building teams that are responsible for driving new revenue for small to mid-size (SMB) businesses. Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Make-A-Wish Foundation, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
As a Sales Leader, you will invest time into coaching and mentoring Account Executives, analyzing data to uncover coaching and business opportunities, and enhance workflow processes and work with various cross-functional teams and tools. It’s important you possess the ability and skills to drive the team’s pipeline generation efforts to ensure proper pipeline coverage for the SMB new business segment.
Since this role is about raising the bar, we’re looking for someone with proven success in sales leadership including consistently achieving quota as both an individual contributor and a leader. You should also have a creative approach to hiring and developing salespeople, and you live and breathe the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process. If you love mentoring and coaching sales reps and consistently achieving monthly sales quota with a best in class team, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a sales management role
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales quotas
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Software sales experience with a passion for customer success and customer happiness
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic account plans
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the VP of Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals, and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of the sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role-plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Assist in negotiations and deal strategy.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross-departmental relationships with Sales Development, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Product teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long-term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.