Manager, SMB Sales
Sprout Social is looking for a Sales Manager with experience in building teams that are responsible for driving new revenue for our SMB segment.
The ideal candidate is able to demonstrate past success in sales leadership. You have consistently achieved quota as both an individual contributor and leader, you are proud of the job you have done hiring and developing sales people, your background is in SaaS sales environments, and you live and breathe the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process.
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Adobe, Pepsi, Google, Hyatt, and Evernote. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Lead and manage a team of inside Account Executives responsible for the SMB new business segment
- Manage and forecast sales from a high volume inbound trial and lead sales funnel
- Consistently achieve monthly sales quota at both team and the rep level
- Provide strategic guidance to team on how to sell Sprout Social as must-have business tool to prospects
- Train, mentor, and coach sales reps daily on specific deals, pipeline, sales and product strategy
- Execute at a high level while being very process oriented to measure success daily
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a sales management role - software sales experience is desirable
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and / or retention quotas
- Willingness and eagerness to travel to strategic opportunities
- Deep understanding of and ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic account plans
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for customer success and customer happiness
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!