Market Development Representative
Market Development Representative
Sales & Business Development I Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
As a Market Development Representative you will coordinate closely with account executives to support, research and prospect to secure a sufficient flow of qualified opportunities that will influence the sales pipeline. You are held accountable by daily activity metrics of 50-75 calls along with monthly/quarterly quotas. Candidates will receive hands-on training with emphasis on strategic selling and a focus on researching targeted accounts. The Market Development position is a great way for a candidate to gain in-depth experience with a rapidly growing startup company in SaaS, and we are committed to enabling our employees with a career platform that fosters growth.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Sales Development Manager.
- Support the sales team members with qualified opportunities
- Effectively build out strong professional relationships across the Sales and Marketing Departments
- Collaborate with the sales team members to penetrate targeted accounts with innovative and strategic approaches based on territory
- Develop best practices to prioritize high volume inbound interest and appropriate follow up
- Efficiently use Salesforce to research accounts, identify key contacts and reach out to prospective customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales related experience
- CRM experience
- Motivation, drive and self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand and qualify prospects
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take initiative and manage time effectively
- Inside sales experience is a plus
- Prospecting experience is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience being held to metrics
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.