Merchant Sales Account Executive
We need key players like you to bring joy to millions of employees!
We’re looking for a talented Inside Sales Account Executive for our Merchant team to work with some of the biggest and best brands in America. This role will interface with national partner merchants to help get them get their products and brands in front of more than 7 million employees.
This is an ideal role for someone just starting their career sales and/or advertising. Someone with a desire to sell and a proven interest in advertising.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for an ambitious Inside Sales Account Executive to join our Merchant team. As a member of the Partnership team, you’ll be personally responsible for finding and partnering with medium-to-large national brands to offer exclusive discounts to our 7.2 million users.
This role will focus on large partners; you will work through your list of accounts and warm leads to set up a call to discuss our product. Some cold outreach via email (phone optional) is required to acquire new business. The role itself will evolve, so it’s the perfect fit for someone who is flexible and wants to play a significant part in providing everyday savings and happiness to our users.
A successful candidate will have:
- 0-2 years experience in sales, Advertising/Marketing/E-commerce experience is a plus
- Track record of sales success, preferably e-commerce or national
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Previous experience working with advertising agencies a plus
- Strong organizational and written skills
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR and marketing industries in general
- Organize leads and develop plan of action
- Reach out to 10-20 new partners everyday, working with them to develop an effective marketing plan
- Engage with advertising agencies to sell into their book of business.
Throughout Your Career Here
- You will be personally responsible for millions of dollars in advertising revenue
- You’ll drive millions of dollars in purchases of products and services
- Help launch our new international marketplace by onboarding high quality international merchants
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of forty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.