Mgr I, Sales Forecasting & Planning at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
The Manager I, Sales Forecasting & Planning will lead the execution of real time strategies to directly impact sales & marketing efforts based on sales results. This role will focus on geo-specific sales & communications initiatives to support ecommerce sales goals in all regions. With close alignment to Finance and Operations, this position is responsible for analysis, evaluation, and direction of strategies to result in sales growth.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
1. Sales Plan Development & Execution
Responsible for developing and executing plans for real-time sales results
- Partner with Operations and Finance to drive service model & sales/margin on a weekly basis. Review sales numbers with Operations teams weekly to understand local trends and make adjustments to improve sales. Provide operating team with regular insights into customer satisfaction, identify opportunities and inspire cross functional team to execute merchandising, operational and marketing plans to improve satisfaction and drive sales. Provide guidance to Operations and monitor service model to ensure we are pulling the right levers to drive the business.
- Align with Marketing resources to develop and drive brand awareness, acquisition and customer retention strategy for Peapod markets and PUP. Collaborate with ADUSA/Division marketing teams to leverage assets to drive sales.
- Assess and ensure that sales strategies are achieving targets and provide executive leadership with summaries and new strategies for achieving sales goals.
2. Financial Management
Responsible for high influence and execution of commercial elements, including sales & profits
- Monitor sales/orders/margin consistently to ensure metrics moving in the right direction and make adjustments to proposition as needed
- Key influencer for sales (both grocery and total sales) as well as gross profit margin (including product margin, fees and incentives). Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, modeling, project financing, and all other aspects of the Division/Market financials.
Develop and execute quick response communications plans during critical operational challenges such as weather emergencies, service provider failures, etc. Provide marketing support to help regional Ops teams meet hiring goals.
3. Division / Market Strategy & Communication Management
Track online and offline competitive activity across all Peapod markets and provide quarterly updates on changes to competitive geography, service model, marketing activity, etc.
- Leverage ADUSA competitive tracking resources to monitor traditional supermarket store openings and closings and estimate sales impact on Peapod’s business.
- Review monthly sales
- Develop and execute quick response communications plans during critical operational challenges such as weather emergencies, service provider failures, etc. . Understand overall impact and act accordingly.
- Track and report on Market Share changes on a period basis; working closely with local Sales leads to understand changes and determine actions.
4. Build Strong Teams
Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, collaboration and teamwork and lead by example.
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, train and develop team to make decisions within their scope of responsibility.
- Provide inspirational leadership to guide sales teams toward operational excellence.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive results.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Strong marketing, merchandising, business and managerial skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or similar field.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience with emphasis in marketing or merchandising manager experience.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Able to identify critical versus non-critical action items, have a clear understanding of success factors and stay abreast of project milestones.
- Able to champion the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and business objectives.
- Able to manage requirements documentation, campaign briefs and creative requests. Ability to understand user experience and shopper journey
- Must be highly adept at working with a cross functional team comprising of members across online, Store Operations, Creative Services, Merchandising, OPD
- Comfortable with managing multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- A strong ability to communicate project status and large amounts of data and disparate pieces of information in a clear and concise manner
- Extrapolate trends and help craft recommendations informed by consumer insights, key performance indicators, and industry knowledge.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.