Mid-Market Account Executive
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, IDEO, and REI use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join our Sales Team. You will work with some of the most innovative companies in the world to equip them with the qualitative research tools they need to become more customer-centric. You specialize in a sales process that involves behavior change on the client side and you recognize this through all aspects of the sales funnel with a continuous eye toward driving revenue. Our most successful Account Executives are consultative and looked upon by our customers as thought partners. You uncover business pains and deliver tailored demonstrations and consultations to help prospects understand the importance of iterative research methods. While you often lead by example, you are humble enough to be receptive to coaching, training, and feedback from peers. If you are excited about the opportunity to champion modern qualitative research solutions with large, enterprise clients, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Construct, forecast, manage, and grow sales activity and pipeline to meet (and exceed) revenue targets and company goals
- Educate our client prospects on modern qualitative research solutions, convey the potential impact on their products and strategies, and support the client’s internal championing of making research an everyday habit across the client’s organization
- Develop strong, long-lasting relationships with Fortune 500 clients and their executives
- Navigate clients through the various stages of the sales cycle
- Identify opportunities by expanding business through discovery conversations and developing an effective, robust consultative sales process
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to build a strong and reliable sales opportunity pipeline
- Contribute to the dscout Sales Playbook to make the whole team stronger
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in sales, with a strong preference for Enterprise, SaaS platform, B2B, research software, or other relevant roles in a SaaS company
- A successful track record of selling enterprise solutions into Fortune 500 companies
- A record of meeting and exceeding quota (i.e., consistent top 20% performer)
- A demonstrated strategic and behavior-oriented sales approach, with a focus on building client relationships through a consultative lens
- Experience closing complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- A proven mastery of building and managing your pipeline, as well as creating and sustaining sales momentum
- Proven experience in closing large deals
- Proficiency with Salesforce, GoToMeeting, and other sales tools
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful River North workspace, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.