Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is voted #1 place to work in Chicago! - 2019
The Upwork Sales team brings our on-demand talent platform and services to small, medium and large businesses. As an Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek expansion opportunities to grow overall client revenue. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make a visible impact within our growing organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside.
- Demonstrate a strong business case for Upwork through a consultative and value-driven sales process
- Meet and exceed your sales goals through forging relationships with key decision makers within target accounts with the end goal of securing new business and growing overall client revenueIdentify, prioritize, and track progress towards key account metrics and annual quota
- Stay current on our clients' business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally in providing thought leadership
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, program management, customer care and product management
- Present to a wide audience of potential buyers including C-level and executive sponsors both in person and virtually
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years of consistent achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- Passion for Upwork and a strong motivation to bring in new customers to maximize revenue
How to really knock our socks off:
- 3+ years of industry expertise either in software, human capital management technology, staffing, or recruiting industry sales
- Drive and willingness to exceed expectations with a strong work ethicStrategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with members on your team through collaboration and sharing of learned insights
- Experience with Salesforce, DOMO, and other CRM and reporting tools
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.