Mortgage Business Development at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages, and unparalleled customer service we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big and push to go beyond what most people believe to be possible. We strive to deliver a world-class customer experience by strengthening our referral partner relationships and hiring the best employees for the job.
Headquartered in Chicago, Guaranteed Rate employs over 5,000 people in more than 300 offices across the U.S. Thousands of homeowners have entrusted Guaranteed Rate to help them purchase their homes. In the past year, we’ve funded more than $37 billion dollars in home purchase loans and refinances.
What's the Role?
Our Business Development Specialists (BDS) are responsible for growing the VPs (Sr. Loan Officers) businesses. The goal is to convert prospects into active referral partners and maintain those relationships over the long term. Creativity and salesmanship are crucial to the success of a BDS. The BDS is responsible for building the VP’s database which requires fantastic communication skills. A BDS will plan monthly events, and schedule follow up meetings with both new prospects, and existing partners.
If you are a creative, motivated, and innovative salesperson with the will to take initiative to drive growth, then the BDS team is looking for you!
- Work with our Events and Marketing Departments to generate ideas and execute on them to optimize those relationships with Guaranteed Rate.
- Distinguish best referral partners (A), average (B), and potential partners (C)
- Collaborate with VPs in order to grow their business partners through prospecting, farming, and follow up activities.
- Invite referral sources to networking events via email, phone calls, and printed invites.
- Enter VPs referral partners in Guaranteed Rate’s CRM software.
- Create monthly events in collaboration with our Events/Marketing team.
- Add value and growth to the annual sales volume of the VP.
- 2-5 years of real world inside sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills over the phone.
- CRM proficient.
- Well versed in Excel and the Microsoft Suite.
- Comfortable developing internal relationships with Guaranteed Rate’s Executive Team, Marketing Team, Technical and Product Groups, Loan Officers and Real Estate Agent Companies and Brokerages.
- Ability to create trust between realtors and loan officers.
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task various systems at once
- Must have NMLS license or be willing to obtain NMLS license
- Must be comfortable in an outbound sales environment
- Technical acumen a plus
- Proactive desire to learn
- Ability to take constructive criticism positively