Multi-Channel Sales Planner at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Publishing is hiring a Sales Planner to join our team. A Sales Planner acts as the primary point person for the execution of all campaigns (with an emphasis on Digital executions). This role is responsible for the coordination of all advertising campaigns which include the submission of proposals, assisting management and sales teams with client needs, and working with Marketing, Creative, and Ad Operations teams on implementation and execution. Sales Planners will work directly with Multimedia Sales Reps to provide clients with the most efficient and effective experience when partnering with their respective Tribune property.
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Learn more about working for us at www.tribpub.com/careers
- Build awareness of Tribune’s portfolio of Digital and Print offerings and capabilities within the market
- Assist sales team in achieving sales revenue targets (with an emphasis on driving digital revenue)
- Interface with agencies/ clients on all aspects of campaign ideation, execution, and implementation
- Work with sales team on all pre- and post-sales activity and act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of campaign execution
- Respond to all RFPs and client requests by creating media plans that meet client objectives
- Identify site audience/ demographics and ideal media mix for advertiser objectives and leverage resources for a competitive advantage
- Respond to requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, etc.
- Coordinate with relevant internal departments on all levels of campaign execution (Marketing, Ad Operations, Development, etc.)
- Ensure all sold products are routed to the appropriate fulfillment teams or vendors
- Work with Ad Ops team on execution, fulfillment, and correct billing of campaigns
- Work with Creative team (if necessary) to build creative/ ad units for campaign execution
- Process and manage Insertion Orders utilizing Tribune tools and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
• Must have prior digital experience (campaign/ client management preferred)
• Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
• Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
• Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work autonomously
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Desire to learn different aspects of digital advertising
- CRM experience a plus