National Sales Support Training Specialist at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The National Sales Support Training Specialist plays an important role within our Sales Support Division and is an extension of the management team providing leadership and oversight to our National Sales Support (NSS) team. The NSS Training Specialist is responsible for training our NSS employees, but also assist in creating and improving content while partnering with the management team. This position must conduct themselves in a professional and confident manner in front of a group. The NSS Training Specialists are also responsible for keeping their product knowledge, sales skills, and learning methods up to date
Location: Schaumberg, IL
Reports To: Senior Manager, Learning & Development
- Lead internal audiences new hire training classes.
- Mentor and coach employees through shadow sessions and 1:1 training.
- Discuss training gaps and create a needs analysis with all stakeholders to ensure training needs are met.
- Proactively identify required curriculum enhancements and changes to meet the evolving needs of the department and then make the required changes in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain materials for initial and on-going trainings. This includes creation of PowerPoints, handouts, activities, binders, or any other material needed to facilitate a training. Partner with ID team and stakeholders to create and maintain training materials.
- Deliver ongoing training and coaching in accordance with unique training needs with the ability to change/enhance the training experience to meet the desired outcome of the internal audiences. This may include content for 1:1 training, small groups, new hire, or monthly trainings.
- Evaluate internal audiences and communicate their progress to the respective managers with a journal write up including all feedback and developed course of action following all 1:1 and coaching sessions with employees.
- Leverage non-training time to determine future training needs and enhancements and maintain knowledge of Paylocity’s services, processes, and products.
- Travel as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prior training experience 1-3 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively to a multitude of personalities.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong writing skills and creativity to write new materials or update existing materials.
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory.
- Must be able to teach new concepts to new and existing staff in a manner the employee will understand and retain.
- Prior experience talking in front of large groups.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Proficiency with the Internet and MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with blended learning approach, preferred.
- Prior training experience a plus.
- Prior payroll experience a plus.
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our NSS Training Specialists are currently working remotely. Our training team will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.