Partner Development Representative
We are currently looking for a Partner Development Representative to join our Channel Sales team in Chicago. The Channel Sales team is responsible for growing revenue by selling with and selling through partners, including global consulting firms like Accenture and Deloitte, as well as leading technology companies such as Tableau and Qlik. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the company’s business development efforts across a named list of current channel partners, as well as acquiring lucrative new partnerships. As a “hunter,” you will develop targets by prospecting into current and new partners and working diligently to build relationships with all members of the end customer’s buying chain. As a “farmer,” you will work with the Channel Sales team to progress existing channel sales opportunities. You will have a limitless ambition for driving successful outcomes, be a strong teammate, and a proven track record of supporting client or partner revenue growth for software based solutions.
- Cultivate new opportunities within existing verticals at current partners as well within new verticals in current and new partners
- Fielding and qualifying inbound leads
- Building and sending solution-targeted campaigns
- Prospecting across accounts and products
- Balance supporting closing opportunities with regularity while continuing to grow 12-18 month pipeline
- Provide solution scoping and product requirements to product and engineering functions
- Collaborate with product marketing to produce targeted collateral to assist partners in telling the Narrative Science story
- Utilize Salesforce.com to effectively own the sales process and maintain meaningful sales activity
- Represent the company at industry events and with key prospects in the territory
- Ability to travel as needed (typically 4-6 days per month)
- 3-5 years of professional sales or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Software sales experience
- Previous experience with partner management
- Strong sales acumen with the ability to develop relationships across a variety of functional roles
- Desire to be part of a team that is building and selling a groundbreaking technology
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong acumen with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Google Drive, and Powerpoint
- Prior experience working in a fast growing startup environment
- Desire to learn about a variety of industries
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.