Partner Operations Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are seeking a Partner Operations Manager to work closely with our third-party contact centers and to be based out of either our Chicago, IL, Austin, TX, or Chandler, AZ office. The Partner Operations Manager is responsible for the relationship between Grubhub and third-party contact centers. Reporting to the Director, Care Operations this person will be the glue between many critical moving parts. The right candidate is an A-player, exhibits strong leadership qualities, acts independently and also as part of a team. This person is: strategic, proactive, persistent when needed, and supportive and collaborative at all times. This person will be responsible for answering: “Is the partner operating optimally and providing the service necessary for Grubhub to succeed?” and “Is the partner receiving the support needed from Grubhub to be successful?” This person will also be responsible for helping drive performance and efficiencies at the partner locations.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with Care leadership to provide regular feedback
- Deep involvement in partner operations (tracking progress to goals, identifying areas of opportunity, and working with partner leadership to gain traction on initiatives)
- Attend recurring Workforce Management, Finance, and Quality meetings, and others as needed
- Analyze and track existing reporting; make recommendations on areas of improvement
- Conduct weekly calls to provide updates on performance, progress, and highlight issues that need addressing with recommendations to move forward
- Support partner employee onboarding and offboarding - ensure best practices are being followed, maintain parity with hiring and ensure the hiring profile is reflective of the Grubhub mission, make recommendations in aid of hiring the best
- Collaborate with internal and external partner leaders to establish team goals and implement strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results against these goals
- Troubleshoot problems to ensure the continuity of the partner operation
- Identify continuous process improvements and make recommendations on improvements
- Regular collaboration with stakeholders of Quality, Process Improvement, Product and others in an effort to drive increased efficiency, customer experience, and performance
- Be the communication point so that partner location is: aware of general updates, new programs, and P&P changes from the Care operation and is prepared to take action
- Travel to partner locations, as needed and as determined to support overall business initiatives
You Should Have
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years contact center management required; direct experience with call center outsourcing models preferred
- Experience with service provider/client management, business operations, contract management preferred
- Superstar verbal and written communication skills to choose the right tone for different messages for various levels of internal and external customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a sense of authority; people need to like and respect you
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with both Grubhub personnel and partner personnel
- Analytical skills to interpret reports, systems, and other technical information and form conclusions and/or recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution; diplomatically diffuse situations
- Experience with managing confidential and sensitive employee information
- Experience with computer systems: MS Office required including proficiency in Excel; Google Accounts
- Travel will be required, 25%-40%
- Flexibility to occasionally work nights/weekends/holidays based on business need
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.