Premium Account Director at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Publishing is seeking a lead for growing business with premium “National”accounts, which includes Agency, as well as Client-Direct opportunities. This leader must be a highly visible client contact who is responsible for the development of strategy, client relationships, strategic media/marketing programs, and financial performance on all assigned accounts and agencies.He/She must be a solutions-oriented, strategic thinker, with the ability to manage flawless execution, and ensure the highest levels of quality and professionalism in the marketing deliverable for the client. He/she must have a proven track record for growing revenue and have established relationships with both agencies and clients in Chicago and the MW.
Manages the relationships and strategy for Tribune Publishing’s National accounts in assigned areas.
· Proactively identifies opportunities and actively pursues new biz opportunities with both existing and new accounts.
· Conducts new business development efforts and advises of the potential for new business opportunities.
· Works collaboratively with National sales group, and other departments in the organization to develop integrated marketing strategies and media solutions including innovative ideas that integrate Tribune Publishing’s media assets including digital, print, direct marketing, events and branded content.
· Manages agency/client work and contributes to the overall business building function to expand accounts for the Tribune Publishing enterprise.
· Responsible for overall utilization and chargeability on all client projects.
· Resolves day-to-day issues and key areas of client concern as they apply to overall programs and campaigns.
· Assures that premium account relationships remain harmonious and partners with other senior staff members to ensure a cohesive and collaborative work environment that remains positive and business-like at all times
· Generates, updates and maintains accuracy of revenue and gross profit projections on an annual, monthly and weekly basis for assigned accounts; and actively and accurately updates all activity in company CRM.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12-15 years of experience in sales, with applicable experience in disciplines such as National accountmanagement, agency relationships, strategic marketing and media strategy.Experience in branded content, events, and/or a relevant combination of education and comparable experience will also be considered.
· Experience with National agencies and clients across verticals,with access to key decision-makers.
· Proven ability to develop client relationships and interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results.
· Ability to partner successfully and collaboratively in a highly creative and passionate environment and maintain positive work relationships and professionalism at all times.
· High level of integrity and reliability in all dealings.
· Strong strategic planning skills including the ability to first understand a client’s business needs, then develop and apply marketing solutions.
· Ability to grasp, explain and sell all premium account capabilities and relate those capabilities to clients’ needs.
· Self-starter/motivated person who can interact with different personalities on all levels, someone who can dig in deep, develop solutions, implement them and manage them day-to-day.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills,high level client presentation skills; experienced public speaker, with the ability to communicate in groups and one-on-one; as well as across various digital channels – email, social, etc.
· Strong print and digital media acumen and understanding of branded content and events.
· Willingness to attend client/agency functions and business-entertainment related activities on a regular basis, some of which will take place “after-hours.”
· Travel to out of market client and agency meetings,conferences, company meetings, etc. will be required.