Presale Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. This opening is in Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise Markets Engineering group, and is focused on customers across Electric/Gas Utilities, Petro Chemical (Oil & Gas) and Fortune 100 or Corporate Account customer verticals.
We are looking for creative people-oriented technical professionals who are passionate and results driven. The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
- Proven end-to-end technical expertise in wireless communications (i.e. from mobile device through to core infrastructure) and demonstrated client facing ability
- Experience with Motorola Solutions’ portfolio including ASTRO 25, MOTOTRBO, WAVE/Team Communications, Command Central, SCADA, Private/Public LTE, etc.
- Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures
- Strong general knowledge of IP networking protocols and security
- Previous experience with RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and able to maintain focus in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities, environments, and cultures
- Must show attention to detail and have a flawless execution mindset
*Open to remote candidates in all of United States*
At Motorola Solutions, ethics and uncompromising integrity are part of our DNA and influence everything we do. All responsibilities will be performed with the highest integrity and in a way that instills confidence in our customers.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering and Computer Science
- 2 + years of experience OR 5+ years as a Field Service Technician/Specialist, Systems Technician, Engineer or IT.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.