If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
NOTE: Candidate may live remotely anywhere in the US with access to a major airport as necessary for travel
Define operational and strategic approaches to ensure business success by managing, sustaining and continuously improving business processes. Collect and evaluate operational, service, and performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement. Determine current performance, forecasts future performance and build and manage detailed project plans to implement improvements and/or corrective actions. Analyze new business requirements and identify and recommend the most effective approach and resolution to implementation and/or potential issues.
Optimize the delivery of Motorola Solutions products or services.
Work with a team of sales, presale, engineering and system integration stakeholders to establish an optimal presale workflow across the North America region.
Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
Participates in product development cycle and project reviews, status meetings, and communicates project status.
Work closely with Product Management and development teams to provide feedback from System Integration staff to improve product offer readiness.
Assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
Demonstrates awareness of all nine areas of PMBOK project management, PRINCE2, or applicable PM standard with a firm understanding of two.
- Contributes to the development of the project best practices.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- Experience with Motorola’s System Integration practice, cost forecasting, as well as business tools and processes are a plus.
- PM Masters Certificate is a plus. PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems is a plus.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, marketing, or similar field and 4+ years of project or engineering management experience
- OR 6+ years of project/program management or engineering experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.